EARN YOUR COLLEGE ASSOCIATE DEGREE ONLINE FOR FREE
With the SEIU Free College Benefit, eligible SEIU members and their families can earn an Associate Degree or Certificate online without having to pay for tuition, fees or e-books. A new partnership with Eastern Gateway Community College, part of the University System of Ohio and regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers grants that fill the gap between any Federal, state, or employer education grants the student receives and the cost of tuition, fees, and e-books for certain online programs:
- Associate Degree: Accounting, Business Management (degree focus: Advertising, Cyber Security, Data Science, Digital and Social Media, Entrepreneurship, Finance, General Management, Healthcare Management, Hospitality, Human Resources, Information Systems, Labor Studies, Programming and Development), Criminal Justice, Teacher Education, Individualized Study, Paralegal
- Certificate: Patient Home Navigator
First launched with AFSCME in 2015, thousands of students have already taken advantage of millions of dollars in scholarships and we are proud to bring this benefit to SEIU members. To enroll in one of these Eastern Gateway Community College online programs and receive the SEIU Free College Benefit, SEIU members (or their family members) must complete the following steps:
- Register or sign in to apply at SEIUMB.org.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and submit any required verification. Any grant award must be applied to tuition, fees and e-book charges.
- Agree to use any employer-provided educational assistance.
- Verify High School or GED completion by having official transcripts sent to Eastern Gateway Community College.
Have any questions? We’re here to help, contact an advisor at:
1(844) 836 - 7348 or [email protected]